By providing amazing product quality and selection, TUMI has become one of the leading international business accessories, and travel lifestyle brands. TUMI luggages are known for the FXT ballistic fabric used; it combines a unique weave and special coating to make the luggage ultra-durable.
One of the well-known luggage lines from TUMI is Tumi Tegra-Lite It is a hard-shell case crafted from Tegra-Lite Max, which is an unusual and advanced thermoplastic composite used in football gears and race cars, offering the latest lightweight ease and maneuverability. An X-Brace 45 handle adds basic rigidity to extend the life of the bag. The Tumi’s Lever-Lock Expansion system securely opens and closes to provide two separate stages of expansion for added packing space. Get the complete Tumi Tegra Lite Review in detail from every aspect:
- Design: Tumi Tegra-Lite is the most durable, expandable, accessible, effortless and fully functional hard side case available in the market these days. Engineered and designed in America, Tegra-Lite max consolidates the highest levels of impact resistance and durability with the lightweight ease, excellent maneuverability, and superior functionality. It features a spacious and convenient front pocket and moves effortlessly in every direction with the double turning wheels. The spacious interior comprises of a removable garment sleeve, expands up to 2 inches for extra capacity, whenever it is required along with two packing compartments.
- Material Used: As the name suggests, Tumi Tegra-Lite is constructed from Tegris. Tegris is a revolutionary polypropylene thermoplastic composite material created by Milliken for use in NASCAR race cars, life-saving armor, and protective gear for football players. TUMI has received the worldwide, exclusive rights to use the Tegris material for constructing the best luggage within the travel industry. This lightweight and hard side case is ideal for long business or leisure trips.
- Features: Tumi Tegra-Lite Max has a lot of amazing features. From U-zip pocket, multi-height telescoping handle, protective bumpers, 4 double spinner wheels to TSA integrated lock, TUMI bags have all for you! The bag is fully lined with two packing compartments, Suiter section, Hanger bracket, Mesh tie-down straps, front U-zip pocket, Zip-around opening. Also, it expands up to 2″, providing additional space for your items.
- Durability: Tumi is known for its product quality and durability. Tumi’s patent-pending DuraFold construction method reinforces and folds the corners of the hardside cases with heavy-duty stitching and shock-resistant caps that offer superior corner strength and impact resistance for long-lasting use. Hence, The Tumi Tegra-Lite Max Med Trip Expandable Case ensures durability. It is a light-weighted and stronger case that offers sleek profiles, increased packing capacity, smart functionality, and easy maneuverability. So, if you are looking for a bag that will last longer, you can trust Tumi undoubtedly.
- Security: Tumi elevates your travel experience with Alpha 2, a blend of design innovation, engineering, functionality, performance, and security. The Tumi Tegra-Lite Max Med Trip Expandable Case comes with The Tumi Tracer, which is an exclusive and complimentary program that benefits Tumi customers to reunite with their lost or stolen items. The complete program is dependent on a unique 20-digit product number printed on a special metal plate that is affixed to Tumi products permanently. So when the bag is registered with the company, the complete information about the customer along with the 20-digit number is entered in Tumi’s database. It helps in restoring the stolen or lost items that are reported to the company. This security feature makes it one of its kind and worth the money spent.
- Interior: Tumi Tegra Lite Max has a roomy interior that includes a removable garment sleeve, hanger bracket, bevy of zip pockets and it expands 2″ for extra capacity when required. Inside, the Tumi Tegra-Lite Max Packing Case there’s two amazingly spacious packing compartments with the tie-down straps. The features include:
Two packing compartments
Removable garment sleeve with mesh pocket
Mesh tie-down straps
Two zip pockets
Mesh zip pocket
With these features, the interior of the Tumi Tegra Lite Max Expandable Packing Case is fabulous for keeping all of your belongings organized and secure throughout your journey.
- Weight: The Tumi Tegra Lite Max weighs 9.4 lbs, which is quite heavy for a carryon. This often a price you have to pay for the extra durability.
- Size: The dimension of this case is 22 x 14 x 9 inches, making it already larger than the standard 22 x 14 x 8 now published by most North American airlines. For newer planes, you might very well be asked to check it.
- Price: With great features and the brand name comes a great price. The Tumi Tegra-Lite is priced at $695 at Amazon. It is quite expensive, but it is packed with features and a well known brand name.
- Warranty: The case overall has a 5-year limited warranty worldwide. 5 years really isn’t very long for a case at this price point, but Tumi does have reasonable global coverage as compared to smaller firms.
Overall, this lightweight hard side case is an exceptional case for longer journeys when you require more things with you. The features that define this case are expandable, effortless and secure. Inside the case, you will find a spacious interior compartment, as well as organizer pockets to keep everything in place and secure. The four spinner wheels make your travel comfortable, and the handle is telescopic for your comfort and security. Although it comes with a higher price tag, but it is worth the extra cost for quality.
- An Amazing innovation, design, and functionality used.
- 4 double spinner wheels make it easy to carry.
- The FXT ballistic fabric makes it ultra-tough and virtually abrasion proof.
- Protective bumpers and TSA Integrated lock.
- Mesh tie-down straps, a mesh zip pocket and two zip pockets.
- The DuraFold construction method used for ensuring durability.
- A Tumi Tracer complementary program to ensure security.
- Very expensive
- May not qualify as a carryon, and be checked by airlines
- Warranty is only 5 years for a high price tag