The American Tourister Fieldbrook II set is the low-cost option from the highly regarded brand American Tourister. It does look very similar to the higher cost option, the Brookfield luggage set, so do not get confused. With this luggage set, you will be able to pack all your belongings, ready for your next adventure. Whether you decide to take the carry-on, the medium or the large suitcase, you will have ample room with the multiple interior and exterior pockets. Featuring an ultra-lightweight construction, you will be able to pack more of what matters most to you, without worrying about the weight limit. The suitcases are soft-sided, lightweight and made from polyester, the corners of the suitcases are reinforced to ensure that your bags endure the rigors of the airport. Get the complete review of the American Tourister Luggage Fieldbrook II 3 Piece Set in detail from every aspect:
- Design: The American Tourister Fieldbrook line is of lower quality than its big brother the Brookfield line. That being said, it has been designed for ultra-lightweight luggage needs. It does look like the generic soft-sided luggage, with the exterior pockets, the box shape, and the telescopic handle. Displaying the signature American Tourister logo on the front of each suitcase, you will be displaying what is normally known for, its quality. You will receive in this American Tourister Fieldbrook ii set two large suitcases, both designed for checked-in luggage and one tote bag. The tote bag can be taken on board as cabin luggage, however, do not expect it to hold as much as specially designed cabin bags. The two large bags have just two inline wheels, this will reduce maneuverability, compared to the more modern spinner wheels.
- Storage: The tote bag, sometimes referred to as a boarding bag will allow you to keep your travel essentials on hand at all times. It does not give you the same storage space as say a specially designed cabin suitcase, but as part of the set, it can be used if you have nothing else on hand, or you do not need to take much on board. The tote bag is not expandable, meaning not much can fit inside. Whereas, the two larger bags are expandable. The medium and large bag both contain exterior pockets, allowing you to keep your documents or organize your contents with ease, for items you wish to access quickly without opening your suitcase. Inside the two large suitcases, you will find on one side, an interior zip mesh pocket, keeping your contents organized and holding loose items. On the other side, you will find an x strap which will keep your clothes in place, so that your contents do not move around when the luggage is in use.
- Features: The tote bag has a ‘smart sleeve’ which allows for easier travel, also includes an over the shoulder strap which makes it easier to carry. The tote bag has no wheels, forcing you to carry it when it is in use, this may become an issue if you decide to use it to carry heavy items. The two large suitcases have two single inline wheels, this is an old design of wheels, the new spinner wheels are easier to use and navigate with. You may find it more difficult to pull around the airport when the bag has a mind of its own. On the medium and large suitcase, you will find a telescopic handle which locks in place, this will allow you to pull or push the suitcase, making it slightly easier to use. Each luggage of the American Tourister Fieldbrook ii set has outside pockets, which allow you to store travel essentials that you need quick, easy access to.
- Weight: All three of the American Tourister Fieldbrook ii set has been designed for weight in mind. Featuring ultra-lightweight fabric, a hollow telescopic handle, and a lightweight frame, they will not eat into your weight allowances. The tote bag weighs in at 1.5 lbs, which is very lightweight, however, this is not surprising given that it will not carry much. The medium suitcase weighs in at 6.5 lbs and the large weighing in at 8.8 lbs. Both the upright suitcases are expandable, meaning you will be able to take advantage of how lightweight they are, by packing more stuff!
- Durability: Now, the American Tourister Fieldbrook ii 3 Piece Set is the low-cost alternative to the Brookfield line, this being said you still expect that the items made by American Tourister to be durable. There have been instances noted by previous customers that the handle feels flimsy when in use, this could be an issue if you decide to rely upon it. All three bags are made from 1200 D polyester fabric, as with all soft-sided polyester bags, it is not as durable as the hard-sided suitcases or even nylon soft-sided bags. The lining of the bags is not up to the quality and craftsmanship of what is expected from American Tourister. They are held in place by velcro, meaning that your clothing may dislodge them and take away the very reason the lining is there.
- Style: Available in three colors, you can opt for a universal black, which will blend into most other soft-sided bags at the airport. There is also the option for purple and red, both with black trim. Do not expect to find the American Tourister Fieldbrook ii set to be most up-to-date, the stylish design here, as you will be disappointed. If you set your expectations low and do not really want anything out there, then you may be happy with the style or lack of, when you purchase this American Tourister Fieldbrook ii set.
- Size: The carry on tote bag comes in at 15 x 10 x 8 inches, which is below the limit for carry-on luggage. Although it is always best to check with your airline carrier just in case the limits have been changed recently. The medium suitcase measures at 21 x 14 x 7 inches and the large measures up at 24.5 x 16 x 8 inches. Remember that the two large suitcases are expandable, so more of your items can be stored in them when needed.
- Warranty: American Tourister Fieldbrook ii set comes with a manufacturer’s 10-year limited warranty. The warranty covers only manufacturing defects and does not cover any damage caused by misuse. This is typical for a luggage company, with 10 years being a decent amount of time for the price that you will pay.
If you are looking at buying a set of suitcases, with a brand name that people will know then the American Tourister Fieldbrook ii set may be right for you. It is an option for low budgets and those who do not wish to be in it for the long haul.
- 10-year warranty
- Cheaper alternative
- Multiple pockets
- Inline wheels
- Flimsy handle
- Tote bag is practically useless